Making Life Easier For Your Partner During COVID-19

With the uncertainty brought about by COVID 19, Super SA has worked together with the SA Superannuant Association to ensure continuity of service. In the last edition of ‘The Superannuant’ an article was published outlining smoothing the way for your Spouse or Partner to receive a Spouse Pension on your passing. Due to the temporary closure of the Super SA Member Centre we have made amendments to this procedure for your continuing peace of mind.
To make the process of applying for a Spouse Pension for your Spouse or Partner as seamless as possible, you can lodge certain certified documents with Super SA today, to be stored against your record for the future, then all your Spouse or Partner needs to do is provide a certified copy of your death certificate, their proof of identity documents and to complete an application form after your passing. To certify a document the original needs to be sighted by a person such as a Justice of the Peace, Commissioner for taking Affidavits, a Notary Public or a Proclaimed Police Officer, and the document stamped as being a true copy. Super SA requires certified documents to have been certified within the last six months to be valid.
Should you wish to take this proactive approach, please send the below certified copies to Super SA at Super SA, GPO Box 48, Adelaide SA 5001.
• Legal marriage certificate issued by a Registrar of Births, Deaths and Marriages, AND
• Birth certificate of spouse.