New to the Internet?
The next General meeting will be the AGM and will be held on Monday 28th February
- The reply from the Treasurer to our letter can be read in the Member’s Portal
- The October Executive Committee meetings can be read in the Member’s Portal
- Peter Christopher’s August 30th talk on the Clipper Ship City of Adelaide can be viewed by Clicking here.
- Background information for January 2021 survey on issues of concern to members: click here
- “We have created a Superannuation Advisory Group and are looking for interested people to take part. For more information please click here.”
Minutes of the September General Meeting can now be read here
PS Superannuants is an association of public sector retirees/employees providing representation and advocacy for members of the Commonwealth and SA Government superannuation schemes. For many years membership of the Association was restricted to members of the State Pension Scheme but has, in recent years, been opened up to members of other Government schemes. The Association speaks for all its members, those retired and those still at work.
Keep members informed regarding superannuation and other financial matters.
Watch over members’ welfare in regard to superannuation.
Represent the interests of members through various affiliations and consultative forums.
Provide a stimulating and congenial meeting place for Super SA pensioners
who can join?
Anyone receiving, or eligible to receive, a lifetime pension from the South Australian Superannuation Fund can join the Association.
Members of other South Australian Government superannuation schemes as outlined on the Eligibility page of this website.
Anyone receiving or eligible to receive a pension or annuity from the Commonwealth CSS or PSS scheme
why should you join?
Because the South Australian public sector superannuation schemes are subject to legislative modification by the State Government which might occur on top of the modifications that a Federal Government makes. Good outcomes require effective representation at both levels of government.
- Keep informed regarding superannuation and other financial matters.
- Supported welfare in regard to superannuation.
- Be represented through various affiliations and consultative forums.
- Access to a stimulating and congenial meeting place.
Join PS Superannuants today
The Committee and membership of PS Superannuants extend a warm greeting to all new members and particularly, former members of the Superannuated Commonwealth Officers Association (SCOA).
Ray worked as a chemistry teacher in public and private schools then as a tertiary lecturer. In retirement, his main interests are bushwalking and retirement income policies. Ray’s favourite TV series is ‘The Sopranos'.
As part of the team at PS Superannuants I enjoy participating in its various activities and learning from a great range of interesting guest speakers.
I have been a long-time member for over 60 years and now I want to give something back to many friend and colleagues that I have worked with. Being on the SA Superannuant’s committee gives me new opportunities to achieve this.